The Rutgers University-Newark Campus Awareness Response and Education (CARE) Team is committed to promoting campus safety and wellness. Through collaborative efforts we identify, assess and respond to student concerns on campus; assisting students who may be in crisis. The CARE Team develops a support plan for students to help them deal effectively with personal situations that might impact their academic performance.
Reasons to Report
Student behavior that is concerning to the student involved or to other members of the Rutgers community should be reported to the CARE Team. This behavior may include:
- Sending verbal or written threats to another student, staff, or faculty member
- Writing about or verbally expressing suicidal ideation
- Exhibiting declining academic performance and/or has excessive absences
- Expressing feelings of hopelessness or helplessness
- Displaying physical signs of fatigue, disorientation, anxiety, stress, failing to eat, or poor hygiene
- Messages on social media with concerning language
- Engaging in other actions which cause an alarm or call into question the safety of the student or other members of the community
Submit a Concern
To submit a concern to the Rutgers University-Newark CARE Team, please fill out the CARE Team Concern Form: RUNCARE
The CARE Team is not an emergency resource. If you witness an emergency, contact Rutgers Police at (973) 353-5111 or dial 9-1-1.
To report a Student Code of Conduct violation, a Bias Incident, or a Sexual Misconduct incident, please fill out the Incident Reporting form.