The Division of Student Affairs at Rutgers University-Newark encourages students to fully discover their aspirations. We intentionally connect students to the resources and experiences that prepare them to responsibly learn, lead and serve in an interdependent, global community.
Student Affairs Goals:
- To create a leadership development and service learning curriculum that can be accessed at any time during the RU-N career and from participation in a variety of student experiences.
- To provide a first year through alumni career exploration and decision-making experience.
- To provide programs and create physical spaces – lounges, residence halls, study & meeting rooms and dining halls - that encourage community and promote personal, social and academic growth.
- To provide excellent and accessible health and wellness services and the opportunity to engage in rigorous athletic competition.
- To provide increased opportunities for global education.
- To create opportunities for our community to more fully experience and learn from the diversity of the University.
I’d like our students to feel that their experience at RU-N has directly influenced and developed them into who they will be after they leave the university. I’d like the RU-N experience to help students make their mark on the world.
Student Affairs services exist to meet your co-curricular learning and development needs throughout your time at Rutgers University–Newark. Visit these departments to learn more about:
Intercollegiate (Division III) athletic teams and competition, athletic and recreation schedules and facilities (The Golden Dome)
Career exploration and decision-making, internships, resume and interview preparation, Braven, mentoring, services for students and employers
Cultivates a caring campus community with the Code of Student Conduct, crisis intervention, all general student inquiries
Dining locations, meal plans, Raider Dollars, food pantry
Medical assistance, insurance, psychological counseling, interpersonal violence awareness, prevention and support, health education, & disability services
Residence halls, living-learning experiences
Safe space for recognizing and exploring your identity and engaging in cross-cultural dialogue; Undocumented student services, LGBTQ student services,
F-1 and J-1 visa information and services, OPT and STEM OPT application support, educational and social programming for international students and the campus community
Campus-wide programs, activities and celebrations, 100+ student organizations, fraternity and sorority life, community service learning opportunities, SOAR (Student Orientation Advising and Registration) Program.
Fosters an environment that is safe, secure and free form sexual and gender-based discrimination and harassment, sexual violence, stalking, and related misconduct: make a report, get support, find out about confidential resources, educational awareness programming
Services and support for military affiliated students, veterans and their dependents; assistance accessing benefits, educational and social programming