F-1 Students 

International students who are planning to study within the United States at an SEVP-certified school can do so by applying for a F-1 visa. International students on an F-1 student visa are funded by personal sources or sponsored by the University. F-1 visa holders must maintain full-time student status while completing their degree program within the United States.

F-1 Visa Information & OISS Support

Two Rutgers students in Traditional Indian Dance Clothing

Living in the United States

Eligibility and Procedures for F-2 Dependents

Only a spouse and/or unmarried children under the age of 21 of a student/scholar in F-1 status are eligible for F-2 dependent status.

Contact Us